Aromatherapy is a holistic treatment combining massage and the controlled use of pure essential oils extracted from plants. Aromatherapy is coined from two words “aroma” meaning pleasant scent and “therapy” meaning a treatment that aims to benefit a physical or mental condition. The essential oils contain therapeutic and medicinal properties that improves physical, psychological and emotional well-being. The application of essential oils through massage increases the healing potential and therapeutic effect as essential oils are absorbed into the bloodstream via the skin and through the respiratory system, by breathing in the molecules, and the odour perception is transmitted directly to the brain. Togetherwith the therapeutic benefits of massage, Aromatherapy is a potent healing treatment. Each essential oil can be used to treat a variety of conditions and your Aromatherapist will consult with you before the treatment and select and blend the essential oils most beneficial to your physical and emotional needs.
A professional Aromatherapy treatment can be of benefit to children, adults, pregnant woman, the elderly and is very beneficial in palliative care.
Aromatherapy treatments involve a full body holistic massage using essential oils.
Health Benefits of Essential Oils
- Strengthens immunity and fights infections
- Balances hormones
- Supports digestion
- Increases energy levels
- Improves brain function and concentration
- Alleviates aches and pains, head-aches and migraines
- Reduces stress
- Balances emotions
- Detoxifies the body
- Improves the condition of skin and hair
- Improves quality of sleep
Health Benefits of Swedish / Holistic Massage
- Induces a feeling of deep relaxation in the body
- Enhances lymphatic drainage – releasing built up toxins
- Boosts and strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates circulation, increasing blood flow, oxygen and nutrient supply to the body’s internal organs and tissues
- Reduces blood pressure and cardiac output
- Eases muscle tension, aches and stiffness
- Reduces fluid retention
- Aids digestion
- Improves muscle tone and condition of skin
- Stimulates release of endorphins the body’s natural pain-killers and mood elevators
- Relieves the physical and emotional effects of stress and anxiety
- Promotes feelings of well-being
- Supports the healing process, bringing the body into balance
Reflexology is a holistic healing technique and treats the whole person restoring harmony and balance to the mind, body and spirit. It is a non-invasive therapy working on the feet (or hands) using the thumb and fingers to apply pressure to specific points. There are reflex points on the feet and hands that relate to organs, glands and systems of the body. A reflex is when stimulation at one point brings about a response in another area.
“Reflexology is a pressure massage to the feet or hands in order to stimulate the reflex points and bring about a balance of the eight bodily systems in order for the body to work together in harmony and unison and thus creating a feeling of well-being and optimum health. It is a form of complimentary therapy and can be used by itself or together with other forms of complimentary therapy and orthodox/allopathic treatment. It is a therapy that helps to release the clients own healing potential.” – Andrew James (author).
Reflexology can help to reduce stress, depression, and anxiety, it can also help manage many common conditions including PMS, sciatica, sinusitis, digestive disorders, hormone imbalances, fertility problems, eczema, asthma, addiction, problem joints, arthritis, back, neck and shoulder ache.
Reflexology does not offer a replacement to conventional medicine and medication, and your reflexologist cannot offer a diagnosis, but can offer you a one-to-one, caring, uniquely tailored therapy that can significantly boost your overall health and well-being.
A professional Reflexology treatment can be of benefit to children, adults, pregnant woman, the elderly and is very beneficial in palliative care.
Health Benefits of Reflexology
- The body is encouraged to heal
- It promotes energy flow in the body
- Blood and lymphatic circulations are improved
- It helps remove toxins from the body, encouraging elimination
- It releases endorphins which are the body’s natural pain-killers and mood elevators
- It releases serotonin from the brain improving mood and feelings of well-being
- It reduces mental stress and treats stress-related conditions
- It improves muscle tone
- It restores homeostasis by rebalancing the mind, body and spirit
- It is effective in easing symptoms of imbalance or disease
- It helps protect the body from future illness
- It helps the client to cope with their illness
Reiki is a form of energy therapy; it aims to help the flow of energy and remove blocks in a similar way to acupuncture or acupressure. Reiki means ‘universal life energy’ and is a combination of two Japenese words ‘rei’ meaning ‘universal’ and ‘ki’ meaning ‘life energy’. The Reiki Practitioner channels this life energy through their hands to the recipient, it is a gentle and passive therapy, the recipient remains fully clothed and the Reiki Practitioner’s hands are still during the treatment and are placed lightly on the body or just over in a sequence of hand placements. Reiki energy activates the body’s natural ability to heal itself, the energy goes to where it is most needed in the body, releasing blocked energy, cleansing the body of toxins, relaxing and rebalancing the body.
Reiki is not spiritual healing, it is an ancient form of natural healing; it is a tradition that is open to any belief system. It is accepted that we live in a world of energy that nourishes and maintains all living things, animals, minerals and plants all contain an energy field, a life force. Reiki works on the energy field otherwise known as the “aura” of the recipient. It is a safe and holistic treatment that improves the energy flow around the body. It can benefit many acute and chronic conditions, such as stress, sinusitis, menstrual problems, cystitis, migraine, asthma, chronic fatigue syndrome, eczema, arthritis, menopausal problems, back pain, anxiety, tension, depression, and insomnia, bringing a state of harmony and balance to the body, mind and spirit.
Reiki is suitable for everyone, including children and the elderly, pregnant woman and those recovering from surgery. It can also be used on animals/pets, any living thing.
Health Benefits of Reiki
- Encourages the body’s own natural healing system
- Clears energy blocks and imbalances accumulated in the body
- Promotes harmony and brings balance to mind, body and emotions
- Relaxes and rejuvenates
- Calms and clears the mind, aiding concentration
- Improves health conditions and overall well-being
- Improves the quality of sleep
For an initial appointment or for more information please telephone 01752 822720 or 07432276028